Wednesday, November 19, 2008

So Happy!




Aidan has had a major case of the "mood swings" lately.  One moment he's smiling from ear to ear screaming "Im Happy!" and the next minute hes on the floor wailing over something silly like not getting to pick out his own cup.  He absolutely adores his baby sister and his big sister but at times I think he really does feel the middle child blues...not old enough to do everything Cami can do and not the baby anymore either.  Top that off with potty training frustrations and we have the perfect storm.  Well this morning as we headed off to school he sat quietly in the backseat and then suddenly piped up "Im happy today!"  "Im a big boy!"  So before we got to school I pulled over at the park and we got out to play for a little while.  As sour as his mood has been, I couldn't bear to miss out on this bright and likely fleeting moment of happiness.  It was a beautiful day and though I knew he had to get to school (which he LOVES) I realized how much I miss our "just me and him mornings".  I miss taking him to music and the library and to play with his friends.  Im excited to be able to do all of those things with Aislyn, but theres just something different and special about hanging out with Aidan.  Hes the coolest boy I know.  I love you little guy!

No comments: