Monday, November 17, 2008

3 Little Monkeys





My friend Eliza recently posted a beautiful new picture of her three kiddos on her Facebook page and it got me thinking that since Aislyn was born I havent really photographed all three together.  The main reason I havent is because Im totally intimidated...like I told Eliza, photographing more than 2 children is like herding cats.  One is always going off some crazy direction and by the time you get that one under control another has gone crazy on you.  Its enough to make a girl with a camera break a sweat.  I finally decided "OH WELL!"  They are who they are...it just makes the photo that much more special.  You capture that moment as it is for better or worse and you find later that the memory of the chaos that ensued from trying to take a perfect picture can be priceless.  Some day when my children are grown and are able to sit pretty and "pose" I'll long for those days when they were just themselves- laughing, bickering, crying and goofing off with total disregard for who would see and what others would think.  Thats why I love Eliza's work- she captures her subjects as they are and no matter the expression on their face all you see is perfection.
So although I will never give up on the perfect all smiles image of my 3 little monkeys, I will treasure all those in between moments of blissful imperfection.

3 comments:

Ariana Carruth said...

SUCH beautiful pictures!!! Gorgeous! Miss you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Cathy, these are gorgeous! The first one is unbelievable. But the fourth one is just priceless. :)

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love the pics!! You took some great shots. There is something to be said for candid shots. You may not blow them up to 8x10s but you'll be able to look back at them, laugh and cherish that day.