Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Parade and Parties



Cami's turkey day festivities started last Friday with her Turkey Parade.  She made a turkey using a potato and a float to display him on.  I made sure that she completed the majority of it herself...it was like torture trying to keep my hands out of it, but I was satisfied working the glue gun and letting her do the rest.  She ended up with a pretty simple display since most of her ideas about what she wanted to do were a little out there and I wasn't really sure how she could pull them off.  As she was coloring her turkey parts she said "Hey, mom!  I know!  What if we have like an arch and we can tie some beans to strings and hang them from the arch like its raining on the turkey!"  My response..."Ummmmm?"  Next time I promise I'll find a way to help her make it happen.  Ian, Aidan, Aislyn and I all headed up to her school to watch her drag her creation around the gym to the tune of a recorded marching band.  She was so proud.
Today I went to her school for her Thanksgiving party.  It was great to see some of her new friends and watch her interact with her classmates.  They ate, played games and made a craft...bonus, she got to leave school early with me when I left :)  What a fun day we had!



Aidan's Thanksgiving party was also today.  The kids were sooooo cute!  They made the most adorable vests and feather headbands.  When I got there, Aidan turned around with the biggest smile on his face and called out"My mommy's here!".  I was so glad to finally get to come and do something with him in his classroom.  It seems that since he started pre-school, I have either been too busy being pregnant or volunteering at Cami's school to really put in good quality time at his school.  But now that Aislyn is here and the routine at Cami's school is a little more comfortable I can look forward to spending more time with him at his school functions.
Aidan and his classmates were all so sweet and polite.  They had an absolute FEAST and all of them had good manners, remembering their pleases and thank yous, waiting patiently for the moms and teachers to help them and cleaning up after themselves.  Aidan had a great time and left with a smile and a full tummy.  I left with a smile and a full heart, thankful for Aidan's teachers, his sweet friends and time spent with my little guy.

1 comment:

Lerin said...

I love the way your "snapshots" are never snapshots... they are such works of art! I enjoy looking at your photos.