Thursday, June 19, 2008

Self Portrait


I LOVE to take pictures, but RARELY do I allow my picture to be taken.  At Amber's shower on Wednesday the topic of "belly pictures" came up.  When Kristina was pregnant with Hudson, Lisa Mangos did some gorgeous maternity portraits of her, Tracie and Amber are both having them done as well.  So I started thinking...I never did this when I was pregnant with Cami or Aidan and its NOT likely that I could get up the nerve or the courage to do it this time around.  What a shame to not have a record of one of the most amazing times in ones life.  Well I may not have the courage to stand and bare it all in front of a someone else's camera, but why not my own??  Sooooo this afternoon, with EVERYONE out of the house, I stepped on the other side of my lens with nothing but some natural light,  a black backdrop,  and a timed release on my camera.  So now I've done it and I know my prego profile is not NEARLY as perfect as many that I've seen but its a record of me and my child at I time when we are one and what could be more amazing than that.
Oh and for someone so camera shy you may ask how I could post such a revealing photo...notice my face is not in the shot...hmmm that one may require some psychoanalysis :)

4 comments:

KatyTexasMommy said...

Beautiful! thanks for sharing something so real on your blog, it is actually a very artistic and beautiful shot, you look amazing!

Heather said...

You are beautiful. What an amazing photo and special way to document your pregnancy with your beautiful daughter.

mycraftsamber said...

Cathy that is an amazing picture! I love it!

elizaboquin said...

don't know if my last comment posted, so here goes again...

You did a beautiful job with your maternity pic. I love it. =)

I love all your pics! You have a great eye.

You go, Mama!