Sunday, July 27, 2008

My Girl



Dinosaurs, snails and pink puppy dog tails...thats what my little girl is made of!  Cami is not your typical girly girl.  Sure she loves to play with babies and barbies but she definitely holds her own as a T-Rex on the playground.  She loves covering herself in faux jewels and sporting more than her fair share of lipgloss, but I always joke that she's the girl carrying the pink fuzzy purse stuffed with rocks, plastic bugs and a couple of Lip Smackers.  
Late this afternoon, she and I took a walk around the lake.  We attended church earlier in the day and low and behold she wore that dress all day long.  It was so much fun to see her spin and twirl and release the girly girl within, but true to form she was barefoot in the dirt all the while.  I love that she is so strong willed and sure of herself and at the same time can be soft, sweet, caring and kind...she really is the best of all things that I wish for her.  I hope that she will always carry herself with grace and confidence and know that she can hold her own under any circumstance.  I admire that she is true to herself and unafraid to be a little different.  Although I will admit that her willfulness and stubborn streak can be trying at times, I hope that with time these facets of her personality can be fine tuned to serve her well in life and help her to achieve all that she dreams of achieving.  

2 comments:

KatyTexasMommy said...

Love love love love love it!!~!!!!!!!! p.s are you still going to attend MOPS 1st baptist this year? I signed up officially , I hope I got a spot for both boys, hope to see you soon!

The TAYLOR FAMILY said...

What a beautiful picture!!! She is so pretty!!