Friday, July 11, 2008

The Crib

So I really think that the crib is to the nursery what the wedding gown is to the wedding...it completely sets the tone!  For Aislyn we were originally going to go with white delicate frilly furniture...but then we saw this crib and just fell in love.  We've decided on Espresso colored furniture and pink and chocolate bedding (yet to arrive, but coming soon).  All three of the kids have very different furniture going on!  Cami had the light wood girly crib with lots of curves, scrolls and swirls, Aidan's crib was heavy and dark with clean elegant lines.  Aislyn's crib is somewhere in between...clean lined but curvey,  strong but still feminine.  Now that its here, and sitting in an otherwise empty room,  Im so ready to get the rest of it going!  The next big decision is paint- it needs to be pink but not too pink!  My friend Carol's daughter has the perfect shade...I think she said it was Sherwin Williams Satin Slipper at 75%...but I need to get her to write that down to be sure!  Oh and we are still on the prowl for dressers and book cases...I often find that traditional nursery furniture is too small and I really want something that will last, be solid and a good size...so the hunt continues...

5 comments:

Ariana Carruth said...

I LOVE it! It's perfect. I think you will be so happy with it. I can't wait to see the complete room. Pink and brown are going to be awesome. I might have to steal your ideas when we re-do Avery's room in the new house.

mycraftsamber said...

LOVE IT!! I can't wait to see the room when you get it done. It will be perfect!

KatyTexasMommy said...

PERFECT!~ where did you get your crib? love it!

love how you made each room totally different- do you think the two girls might share a room much later down the road? I wonder if my two boys will

hmm, anyway- cant wait to see entire room!

Mika said...

Cathy - First of all...you are a wonderful writer! Second of all, I love Aislyn's crib. How gorgeous!
I love nursery decorating too so I am going to be living vicariously...Btw, not sure if this is what you have in mind, but have you ever seen the color pink in Asha's room? It's Venus Pink by Sherwin Williams. I like it b/c it's not toooo pink, but just enough. See you tonight!

Mika said...

That last comment was from me! Sorry, I'm coming up as K

xo,
mika