Monday, September 8, 2008

Sugar and Spice



At my last visit, my doctor noticed that my blood pressure was elevated.  This little setback landed me on modified bed rest for the next week.  To me that means take it easy and slow down...to Ian that means sit around and do nothing.  So I've been trying to find a happy medium.  There is so much still to be done!  Washing and putting away clothes, going through lists of what still needs to be bought, packing my bag for the hospital and decorating the nursery...not to mention keeping up with Cami and Aidan, regular laundry and general household stuff.  Too much to do and not enough time!
One of the things I enjoy most on my long list of "to-dos" is going through all of Aislyn's tiny little things.  Today I took some time to photograph some of her little shoes, clothes and parts of her nursery...instant relaxation!  Its hard to believe that she will be here so soon!  By the time Cami and Aidan are putting on their costumes and getting ready to go on a Halloween candy binge, our baby girl will be here!  Whether her room is ready or the clothes are all hung or everything is washed or the house is clean- shes coming!  So now we just have to let go of all the lists and enjoy these last few weeks with Aislyn safely tucked away.  This is our last baby and our last chance to experience all the little kicks and rolls and aches and pains that go along with this miracle growing inside.  So I guess bed rest is a blessing...its Gods way of saying slow down and enjoy life before you miss it all together.  Pregancy is not always fun and its easy to wish away these moments, but soon they will be gone and we will be longing to have them back.  So Im off to enjoy a nap with my little one nestled safe and sound.  

3 comments:

mycraftsamber said...

The last part is so true! I wish I would have enjoyed more! Take it easy and holler if you need ANYTHING! Prayers and hugs! Oh and where did you get those precious shoes??

Ariana Carruth said...

Awe!! What a sweet post! We are so much looking forward to her arrival. Enjoy these last few weeks!

Anonymous said...

Love the little shoes pics! Soo sweet. =)

Take it easy, Mama!!!