Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Faces with names


Most of my friends have heard me talk about my family, but have never had the chance to meet them all in person- so this is my opportunity to put some faces with names!  This past February they moved back to the Houston area...and even better, across the street from us!  Cami and Aidan can walk over anytime they feel like it, which is pretty often!  They love to go over and play with Gramma's buckets of toys, sit in Papa's chair and raid the pantry.  They would be over there every day if I let them!
My brother Todd is 12 and in the 7th grade.  He loves to skateboard and we get to see him daily playing in the cul-de-sac with his buddies.  Aidan adores him, looks up to him and wants to do everything like him.  I can convince Aidan of pretty much anything if I tell him its Uncle Todd's idea.  My sister Nicole is 16 and a Junior in High School.  Shes got a pretty busy social calendar so we dont see as much of her as we do everyone else.  She does pop over occasionally for help on her homework or to "borrow" a flat iron, bag or some other necessity...and sometimes just to say "hey".  She's getting her license in December so this is fair warning to the rest of you Katyites...coming soon to a roadway near you!
We really have enjoyed having them all so close.  They moved out of the Houston area just after I graduated from college- heading first to Arizona then to San Antonio.  It seems perfect timing for them to be back near us now with Aislyn on the way.  What a blessing to be able to have the children grow up with close family near by, hopefully they will stay put for a while!
Hmmm...now if only we could convince my sister and her family in Minnesota that Texas would be a good fit!

2 comments:

Ariana Carruth said...

Awe, what a beautiful post and picture! You are so very lucky and so are the kids! Hope all is well!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family you have! You're so very blessed, Ms. Cathy!