Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Darn Brooke Shields and Her Silly Commercials

Well it was inevitable...as much as I resisted and REALLY did try not to give in to the last badge of mommyhood, there was just no way I was going to cram three car seats into my beloved Jetta.  So yesterday, kicking and screaming (almost literally), I drove my last drive in my little car straight to the dealership.  It was time to put on my big girl britches and face the fact that I just needed something bigger to haul my brood.  With each passing mile I thought of all the words and phrases that would describe my new ride- mommymobile, grocery getter, VAN!  Ugh!  Nothing fun or cool about any of it.  I saw my life flash before me as I parked my little Jetta and walked into West Houston VW...I just knew that my days of carefree youth were gone with this final transition from compact car to MINIVAN!  Then I saw her...the 2009 VW Routan SEL.  So many cool features, gorgeous interior, sumptuous leather, that new car smell...ahhh!  All that and it drives like a dream.  A few signatures and a handshake and she was all mine!  As we walked out to my brand new vehicle (with only 30 little miles on it), my old car was parked right behind her.  It was sad to say good bye and Im not ashamed to say that actual tears were shed, but we both new that greater things were in store for us.  Im sure my little Jetta will soon belong to a new driver that will take her on many wonderous adventures.  As for me...look out Katy Texas because Im behind the wheel of the most bad ass mini van on the road!

5 comments:

Ariana Carruth said...

Congrats! I see versions of VW mini vans around here a lot. I didn't know they had them in the US too. Enjoy!

Kathy said...

Congratulations, Miss Mom of Three!! It had to be done! :)

Kathy (who will be joining you on being outnumbered soon!)

mycraftsamber said...

You are so cute!

Anonymous said...

HILARIOUS! Hey, I had to cave in & drive a minivan too. lol But my Odyssesy is black on black leather & suped up! lol I call her my Super Mini! =D

Anonymous said...

oooooohhhh...i have been telling hubby that i want one of these! glad to hear you love yours. i may have to go check them out.